Hi, my name is River!
I'm just a girl who lives in Austin, Texas, with one of the most beautiful brown females I’ve ever known.
Chi. A Town Lake Animal Shelter purebred. I grew up in West Texas, spent a few years in the heart of San Francisco, and have lived in Austin since it felt a lot smaller! I find joy on the trail by the lake with my girl, at Barton Springs, in yoga sadhana or asana, riding my motorcycle, and enjoying the company of loved ones.
I created this website, and I'm a surrogate partner, because my purpose on this earth is to promote the evolution of our species through healthy, authentic, sexual expression and intimate relationships.
M y p a t h
I started my adult life in college and graduate school, earned my professional degree, and got busy building my own business as a professional in town. I spent lots of years with my shoulder to the grindstone, obediently tending to my business and civic life, not believing in anything bigger than what I could see. It wasn't until years later that I began to wake up. Curious about why we are all here, my real journey began.
It was my authentic sexual expression that pointed me toward answers. New things I felt in my body, radically honest people I met, I walked through every open door to find answers. My eyes opened to the unseen powers of the universe. I became an artist of my spirit, and an artist of human experience.
Deep into my journey, after years of learning and cleaning my own energy, I became aware that my purpose in life is to be a sexual healer. Because of the way I think, I went about learning systematically. I enrolled in every relevant training I could find in the U.S. and traveled to India to learn esoteric practices that are only given by direct transmission. I practiced with my own lovers. I completed intense trainings in tantra, kink, power exchange, relationship coaching and, of course, surrogate partner.
My definition of "healing" is to allow another to become whole, authentic and fully expressed. My intention is to create a safe, easy going, relaxed space for my clients to be heard, to be seen, to learn - to open fully into their most beautiful potential. I am able to draw on any or all of my skills as needed, when situations that are "out of the box" present themselves. I bring all of me to each session.
M Y T R A I N I N G
As I look over the list of my teachers below, I am reminded of all the times I was unsure whether I should spend the time, money and energy to sit at the feet of one or the other of them. There were many times when I felt moved to invest in a retreat, apprenticeship, cross-country workshop or training and ... I had no idea how I would cover the cost of the training in time or in money. At the same time, I knew that particular teacher held the key to help me unlock the next big step in my personal growth. Each time, I knew deep down it was the right thing to do, that there was something big and beautiful that laid ahead in my path if I said "yes." So each time, I said "yes." I jumped over the edge. I committed the time and money on that next step in my transformation.
Can you guess the result? Every time I took that leap and committed to the next training ... my life was deeply transformed and I was a different person at the end of the process. I wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't said "yes." Committed to the next teacher. Opened to my full potential with the support of each of the teachers named below. I am forever grateful that I decided to take those leaps.
I've trained with each of the teachers named below in-person unless otherwise noted.
surrogate partner practitioner training
I am honored to be one of the first professionally certified surrogate partners to be awarded a certificate from the Institute for Mind Body Therapy. I am also honored to have the opportunity to walk with so many beautiful clients as they open to their full sexual potential. As a surrogate partner practitioner, I know that I am providing a unique and desperately needed service to my brothers and sisters on this planet. You can find me listed online on the Institute for Mind Body Therapy site and on the Sex Surrogacy site.
main teachers and teachings:
- Dr. Susan Kaye - surrogate partner training program, ongoing mentor
- Dr. Tova Feder - surrogate partner training program
- Betty Martin - like a pro training in 2012 and 2017, and Ethical Practices: Containers, Conversations and Assessment Protocols for Somatic Sex Educators and other Sex Workers, ongoing mentor
- Barbara Keesling - Sexual Healing book and personal conversations
CONSCIOUS UNCOUPLING coach
I am a professionally certified Conscious Uncoupling coach, trained and certified by New York Times best selling author and creator, Katherine Woodward Thomas, MA, MFT. I continue to be supervised by Katherine Woodward Thomas on a regular basis. I've also taken her course, Happily Even After. I trained to take the coaching practice online with Jordan and Steve at the Practitioner Liberation Project. My Conscious Uncoupling coaching practice, Emergence Relationship Coaching, can be found at www.MyEmergence.com.
TANTRA AND SADHANA
Tantra is one of the oldest forms of worship known to humankind. Practitioners expand energy to liberate consciousness. I enjoy playing with western techniques, and am a certified TantraNova practitioner and teacher. And my deepest journeys have been following eastern teachings. Sadhana means spiritual practice. Sadhana can be thought of as the internal poses of yoga. Spinach is to Popeye as my daily sadhana is to me - it gives me superpowers.
MAIN TEACHERS AND TEACHINGS:
- Swami Satyananda Saraswati (books and videos) - kundalini tantra (my tantra yoga guru since 2011) Swami Satyananda Saraswati took mahasamadhi in 2009, before I knew who he was. If I could have dinner with one person who has already left the earth, it would be Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
- Swami Yoga Kanti - the Satyananda kriyas and tattwa shuddhi at Rikhiapeeth Ashram in India
- Swami Shakti Murti - the Satyananda kriyas and tattwa shuddhi at Rikhiapeeth Ashram in India
- 5-Day Shiva Yagna - Rikhiapeeth Ashram in India
- Kalpana - personal training in Satyananda yoga
- Navvaratri - Satyananda yoga
- Swami Satyadharma - Satyananda yoga
- Freddy Zental - personal intensive, TantraNova teacher certification
- Elsbeth Meuth - personal intensive, TantraNova teacher certification
- Rod Stryker - tantra intensive conference
- Alex Jade - body electric school
- Jay Craver - body electric school
- Everitt Allen - singing bowl yoga
- Siri Bahadur - gong bath yoga
- Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche - tsa lung, 9 breaths of purification
Kink changed my life. The kink community has provided safe space for me to express my deepest desires and passions, which lead me to open in all areas of my life. I am eternally grateful to all who teach and contribute to this vibrant community. Midori is my single greatest teacher in this universe.
MAIN TEACHERS AND TEACHINGS:
- Midori - forte femme women's sensual dominance weekend intensive, passionate bonds weekend workshop, interrogations, predicaments, rope challenge
- Laura Antoniou - passionate bonds weekend workshop
- Mark Yu - energy and kink
- Lochai - rope and bondage
- Fakir Musafar - sacred hook pull
- Cleo DuBois - sacred hook pull
- Arielle Webb - jealousy, self after care
- Slave Tomo - hojojitsu
- Topologist - takate kote
- John Baku - fetlife purpose and history
- Lizard - rope
- Ruby Rider - pegging
- Kinky College
- too many individual classes to name
I think of Toltec as Mexican tantra. A Toltec is an artist of the spirit. I have been blessed with the opportunity to apprentice with two of the greatest teachers in the world: HeatherAsh Amara and Raven Smith. We are the Eagle Knight lineage of Toltec which is brought into modern times by Don Miguel Ruiz, author of the Four Agreements and teacher to HeatherAsh and Raven. I served briefly on the board of directors for the Toltec Center of Creative Intent, the only Toltec church in the US.
MAIN TEACHERS AND TEACHINGS:
- HeatherAsh Amara - four years in official apprenticeship, fire walking and similar practices, sacred time management, conscious relationship, sexual integrity, dream circles, inner fire training, too many individual teachings to name
- Raven Smith - two years in official apprenticeship, deepening retreat, toltec cosmology & tools, too many individual teachings to name
- Jai Cross - two shamanic journey courses (online), too many in-person teachings to name
- Amy Zielinski - manifesting well-being (online), deepening retreat
- Laura Toups - deepening retreat
- Arielle Webb (Critter) - recapitulation, jealousy and other classes
My burlesque has blossomed. I am excited about communicating without words. Sometimes words are overrated! My stage name is Tsunami and here is my performance log so far:
- November 17, 2013 - Tsunami in Cosmic Gimp at Brass Ovaries' student recital
- March 21, 2014 - Tsunami in Superhero in the Spring Fever show at the North Door
- April 19, 2014 - Tsunami in shibari suspension by Charm, with Nikki, at Amour Fetish Party
- July 26, 2014 - Tsunami & Grace in Dandini at Brass Ovaries' summer show
- March 27, 2015 - Tsunami & Grace in Lady of the Lake in the show Nymphs of Avalon at the Marchesa
MAIN TEACHERS AND TEACHINGS:
- Ms. Sophie - two erotic performance courses
- Danae Paskero - pole-certification level 1 and 2, personal training
- Arabella Kali Ma - dance of the immortaless
- Arielle Webb - sacred striptease and lapdance
- Michelle Shimmy - the shimmy
- Cleo DuBois - sacred eros performance
- Bo Eason - one person show training
- Zein Al-Jundi - Syrian/Egyptian bellydance
- Hossam and Serena Ramsy - Cairo bellydance and beat
Most yoga in the west focuses on the external poses of yoga, poses that are shown to the external world such as down dog or pigeon pose. This is asana, or hatha yoga, and it offers a strong foundation for my life. I am a Yoga Illumined teacher training graduate.
MAIN TEACHERS AND TEACHINGS:
- Zoe Mantarakis - yoga illumined teacher training, which includes hatha yoga, mantra and meditation inspired by yoga-vedanta, the yoga sutras of patanjali and the teachings of shri brahmananda saraswati, ramamurti s. mishra; and too many individual classes with Zoe to count
- Sumukhi - yoga illumined teacher training, which includes hatha yoga, mantra and meditation inspired by yoga-vedanta, the yoga sutras of patanjali and the teachings of shri brahmananda saraswati, ramamurti s. mishra
- Shiva Rea - tantra asana
- Baron Baptiste - Baptiste intensive retreat
- Bhagat Singh (Chrispy) - asana
- Ann Hyde - Forrest yoga
- Ricky Tran - sanskrit and asana
- Lauren Zinn Buck - creative asana
- and too many individual classes to name
Animal energy gifted me with a profound new understanding of energy, which I use daily with my canine as well as my fellow human animals!
MAIN TEACHERS AND TEACHINGS:
- Cesar Millan (videos and books) - pack leadership, energetic communication
- Kim Kelly - canine training
- Tara Stermer - canine aggression and translation
- Asia Voight - shamanic animal communication
Every bite we take is either alive or dead. I love eating foods that are alive. My diet is about 90% raw and 95% vegan. I have not eaten meat for 27 years, and no fish or eggs for about 10 years.
MAIN TEACHER AND TEACHING:
- Gabriel Cousins (books and audio only) - Conscious Eating is my food bible
- Dr. Raphael Kellman (online only) - Microbiome Summit
- James Maskell (online only) - Evolution of Medicine
OTHER BIG STOPS ALONG THE WAY
Outside of the categories above, many teachers have influenced me in lasting ways. Some favorites:
- Liana Chaouli - image therapy, her courses Live Your Life in STYLE and Virtual Style Academy
- Sheelo - psychedelic psychotherapy, holotropic breathwork
- Deborah Sundahl - G spot and female ejaculation workshop
- Debra Haffner - sexual education for children
- Teri Ciacchi - I've served as priestess at two Aphrodite Temple retreats
- Charla Hathaway - various aspects of tantra and touch
- Bart Whittington - pelvic floor massage
- Arabella Kali Ma - radical radiance
- Drea Marz - orgasmic meditation coach
- Wim Hof - autonomic nervous system training
- Rachel Cherwitz - orgasmic meditation workshop
- Keith Paolino - orgasmic meditation workshop
- Nicole Daedone - one taste origins
- Shane Melear - body and energy healing
- Byron Katie - new year cleanse weekend workshop
- Dr. Christiane Northrup - ageless guru (online learning)
- Robert Evans - platform
- Matt Thomas - branding and platform
- Randy Davila - getting published
- Matt Sonzala - podcast production
- Brandon Burchard - Next Bold Move (online learning)
- Pedram Shojai - Urban Monk Academy (online learning)
- Diane Samsel - Voice Dialogue
RIVER'S FAVORITE PODCASTS - NOT TO BE MISSED!
- Daniel Vitalis - rewild yourself! podcast
- Pleasure Mechanics - speaking of sex podcast
- Pedram Shojai - the urban monk podcast
PODCASTS AND ONLINE CONFERENCES
Way too many to name because I am a podcast and webinar junkie but some of my favorites are:
- Dr. Marty Klein - trainings on Infidelity: After an Affair, Who Owns the Relationship?; If it isn't "Sex Addiction," what is it? And how do you treat it?; Power dynamics in intimate relationships; and Intakes, Sexual Intelligence
- Dr. Chris Donaghue - Sex Outside the Lines, liberating sex from culture, psychology and normativity
- James Maskel - the Evolution of Medicine podcast
- Marc David & Emily Rosen - conscious sex and relationship online conference
- Dr. Raphael Kellman - Microbiome Medicine Summit
- Tanja Diamond - The V Summit
- HeatherAsh Amara - toci radio
- Devi Ward - better love and sex podcast
- Neil Sattin - relationship alive podcast
- Osho - meditation series
- Devi Premal & Miten - meditation journey
- Arielle Ford - finding your soulmate
- Hay House world summit
- Joe Vitale - law of attraction, wealth trigger
- Steve G. Jones - wealth trigger, hypnosis
- Arianna Huffington - fearlessness series
- Richard Bartlett - matrix energetics
- Lee Holden & Rachel Carlton Abrams - taoist sexual secrets
- New School of Erotic Touch videos
- Body Electric audio series
- Caffyn Jesse - taoist erotic massage
- Che - the way of the courtesan
- Bliss Bringers podcast